Sunday, May 17, 2009

Moodswings, dreams and leaky nipples

Goodness, pregnancy comes with so many exciting adventures...that no one seemed to ever explain. I guess if you haven't gone through pregnancy, this is just fair warning, but if you have then you'll understand completely.

Keith has been a fantastic partner over the last three years, especially during the last 6 months because I've noticed my moods can change in a blink of an eye (okay, for those of you that know me...it's worse than normal). As we have been trying to configure our 1BR/1BA apartment to accommodate two adults and one munchkin, it's been challenging to say the least. I asked Keith to help me measure and lay out the furniture so that we could fit snuggly in the "little box" (aka. the bedroom). A little misunderstanding and BOOM, I was frustrated and burying my head in the duvet ready to cry! Luckily, I did not. However, afterwards I realized how insane he must think I am because I can go from happy to sad/mad in seconds. I'm so lucky to have a patient man by my side. I love you, Mr. Ancker!

Dreams: Before I was pregnant, I rarely had dreams - at least ones that I could remember. However, lately I seem to have ones that have to do with the baby and family of sorts. Keith was home taking care of the baby and I was leaving the office. As I walked through the door, I went to give our baby a hug and kiss and noticed he/she was wearing the exact same outfit the day before. I must've had a look on my face because before any words could come out of my mouth Keith replied, "I did the smell test and the clothes smelled fine!" Hmm, I never knew about the smell test until Keith and I moved in.

Leaky nipples: Sorry guys, but I have to talk about my incident last Friday. So, I bought a new bra because none of my other ones fit. It's extremely comfortable, but it's a maternity/nursing bra. Before I went to work, I noticed that my shirt did not look right so I decided to tape my nipples with bandaids. Great idea, or at least I thought. Things seemed fine until I got home to rip them off and in the meantime, I pulled a generous portion of skin -- EEK! I also did not realize that the wonderful idea I had initiated my nipples to leak, gross. :( I don't know if this is normal, but I had to invest in disposable breast pads to combat my problem.

1 comment:

  1. wOw al! if you have leaky nipples now...girlfriend, just you wait til you start nursing and let's not even talk about engorgement. i asked my mom to get me a burpcloth or rag, and she straight put a cup underneath to collect the 'almond flavored milk'... ;) welcome to mommyhood!! yahoo!!

    ReplyDelete