Sunday, August 2, 2009

Mmm, delicious Dim Sum

To the left you'll see the most recent sonogram picture of our monkey. What do you mean you can't tell what the picture is showing? HA HA, don't feel bad if you're looking at them a little confused...Keith and I were the same way as well. All I can say is, the little munchkin is giving us a "thumbs up" in the middle one. I guess he/she is doing pretty well in the oven. :)

The last doctor's appointment was uneventful which is a good thing. A couple of months ago, the doctor was concerned about the level of water in the kidneys (most babies have some water, but too much can be a concern). Safe to say the doctor advised us that the little one is doing great and falls within the normal range, so it should not be an issue. PHEW, another tiny scare avoided. We have two more appointments this week, one on Monday and another on Tuesday...a little tired of the amount of time spent in the waiting rooms, but I guess it's something we should get used to because we'll be seeing the OBGYN/Pediatrician frequently.

Onto another subject...FOOD! For those of you who know me, food hasn't always been a priority. I'm pretty easy going when it comes to what you put in-front of me; however, being pregnant has made food very important. After moving to Dallas, I realized that I took all of the good food that surrounded me in Seattle for granted. You never had to travel very far for great Indian, Thai, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, etc. Don't get me wrong, Dallas has wonderful steakhouses and Mexican food, but sometimes I crave Honey Walnut Prawns, Green Decadence Roll, Chicken Phad Thai, or Pho. My focus was to find a fantastic, delicious, tasty dim sum restaurant anywhere close to Dallas. Awhile back, a nice lady at one of the furniture shops gave us a list of her top restaurants and grocery stores in and around Dallas...and one of them was Kirin Court in Richardson (about 15-20 miles north of downtown). The last time Keith and I had dim sum was over a month ago, so we decided to head out and try this place. I was a little hesitant to say the least because the last two times we ventured out for Chinese food was disappointing, but maybe this would be a diamond in the rough. As soon as we arrived, I got really excited...I haven't seen that many Asian folks in Dallas EVER. We waited 10 minutes and got a seat - super fast! And oh my goodness, it was delicious and made us feel like we were at home (in Seattle). Now, I must find a good Vietnamese place with tasty Pho.

My food adventures continue....'til next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment