Sunday, August 23, 2009

Deal, Let's Shake On It

Counting down, 32 days until D-day! I used to count by the number of weeks remaining because it was convenient, but as we move closer I have moved to days. Just over a month to go and we still have what seems to be a lot to do. Keith used his "skills" to put together the Pack-n-Play for our monkey (yes, he used the directions....phew!) and rearranged the bedroom furniture. With a 1BR apartment, we are trying to come up with creative ways to use the space; the dining room will be turned into the munckin's area with my desk in the corner. I am in search for a couple of area rugs for the living room and monkey's space; however, with two compact cars might pose a small problem for us to get them home - I suppose delivery is the next step. We are about halfway through packing the suitcase for the hospital, but should have everything done today. Thank goodness we are making progress.

As we progress towards baby's due date, Keith and I are getting extremely excited for his/her arrival. I have read numerous articles about the importance of reading to the little one and playing music while still in the womb. So, I have made an effort (okay, I just started this week) to play music as much as possible while I am at home especially when Keith is at the gym. We both agree that monkey needs Mom's rhythm because Dad is not so graceful on the dancefloor - point, clap, point, point, clap, clap, squat!



So, if you did not already know, Keith and I have decided that breastfeeding our little one is probably the best option for our family. From all of the books and online articles I have read, I will have the responsibility of waking up every 1.5-2 hrs to feed (I thought having to get up to pee every 3 hours was painful), eek! With Keith being such a team player and all, he has coined himself the "Permanent Diaper Changer." Yes, that's right you heard it here first - Keith will change our little monkey's stinky, raunchy, messy diapers. For those of you that know Keith, I will definitely take pictures of this momentous occasion because it's all about team work!

'Til next time everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment