Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Flip Flops, Seattle & Wang-Dang Doodle

A size 8...how did my feet get so big? Okay, maybe that is an exaggeration, but flip flops are definitely my friend. 101 and 103 degree days are not what a six/seven month pregnant lady thinks is comfortable by any means. Yes, that's how hot it's been in Dallas for the last seven days! A/C is a staple in every home and OH, I am extremely grateful. From what my co-workers have told me, this is only the beginning - July and August are higher three digit temperatures, YIKES! Talk about timing, we pick the hottest months to be super preggers. :) I am bubbling inside, literally! Keith says he loves the warm weather, but when it only drops to 85 or 90 degrees at 11:30pm...that's ridiculous. C'mon down to "Tejas" and join us in the fun.

After a week of being back in Dallas, Keith and I reflect on our trip "home." It was fantastic to return to Seattle for eight days to see family and friends, not to mention the great weather. We are extremely grateful for such a fantastic support system, thank you to everyone for coming out and wishing us well on the next chapter of our lives. The friends baby shower was fantastic, I cannot say enough "thanks" to Crystal, Vanessa, and Melanie for organizing, cooking, decorating, and hosting the celebration. The presents were plentiful, but we were more excited to see everyone's smiling faces. My sisters, Pam & Ellie, put together an all-girls baby shower that was a huge success...Keith's mom, Jan, was able to meet my aunts and cousins. Thank you for making it such a great event! As for our families, we had a yummy Red Robin lunch together and dessert that allowed everyone to get to know each other. The time flew by and before we knew it, it was time to pack-up and fly back to Dallas. After our little monkey is born, we hope to return to Seattle in December for Christmas and New Years.

Our monkey is doing well. We've had two ultrasounds since returning from Seattle and the doctor estimates the little one at 2lbs 10oz with a heartbeat of 141 bpm (which is normal). Yesterday, as we were watching the doctor examine the baby...the munchkin was moving his/her mouth (I think the baby was trying to tell us a secret!). We were able to see the full body of the baby and as our monkey grows, the living quarters are definitely getting smaller and smaller; I guess that is one of the reasons the baby's movements are frequently felt. We are sticking with the idea of not knowing the gender of the baby, but I think Keith has his mind set. After the appointment, he looked me in the eyes and said, "I think I saw the baby's wang-dang doodle!" Hmm, should I bet on that? (And as most of you know, Keith has an awful betting record against me.) The thought definitely crossed my mind, but my heart tells me that I just want a healthy little one.

As we prepare for the arrival of the newest member of the family, we want to say "thank you" to everyone who has been there for us. Being in a city with no family or close friends has been challenging, but we're making the best out of the situation. We miss everyone and hope to see you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment